Avid players of Dungeons and Dragons are familiar with the race of Gith 5e (5th edition). The race of Gith has been divided into two rival groups and the enmity between them has continued for centuries. Githyanki is cold-blooded warriors and Githzerai tend to lead an abstinent life. Players can assume the race of the Gith 5e variant in Dungeons and Dragons.
In this article, you can know more facts about the Gith race along with their attributes. These facts will educate you in deciding which group of gith you want to role-play as. On choosing to role play as someone from the gith race, you can opt for barbarian, cleric, or druid. Even fighters and artificers are great if you choose to be a gith.
Check also: All DnD Races
The origin of the gith race remains a mystery even now and some consider themselves to have originated from humans. However, they are humanoids now and once were enslaved by the illithids. They obtained their freedom but soon divided into two subgroups due to inner conflicts. The groups had differences in their principles and became a sundered race. They view each other as enemies and have contradictory philosophies.
The name of those two subraces of gith 5e is Githyanki and Githzerai. There are two more subraces which are the isolationist pirates and githvyrik. The isolationist pirates are those who preferred staying in the material plane instead of moving into limbo or astral plane. Some didn’t belong to both githyanki and githzerai and hence came to be known as githvyrik.
|Homeland(s)||Astral Plane, Limbo,Wildspace|
Pirates of Gith
|Average height||5′1″‒7′ (1.5‒2.1 m)[|
|Hair color(s)||Black, red, russet, gray|
|Average weight||92‒196 lb (42,000‒88,900 g|
|Typical build||Slender humanoid[|
|Skin color(s)||Pale yellow with green or brown tones|
The gith 5e usually have pale yellow skin tone and are taller with more muscle. The skin tone can sometimes vary from green to brown. With long, angular skulls and flat noses, gith have deep eyes and elongated ears which are pointed. Hair colors of gith can range from black, red, and gray to russet sometimes.
The githyanki warriors live in the astral plane and fight with their famed silver swords. They ride red dragons through numerous worlds. They like to decorate their armor and weapons. They are conquerors and merciless when it comes to a fight. The githzerai on the other hand has a completely different approach to life.
They follow some strict rules and live in limbo. They are sleek in their look and have more muscle mass. Githzerai leads a solitary life one that resembles the life of a hermit. They like to live in islands of order located in the vast sea of chaos.
Features of Githyanki and Githzerai in DND
Usually, when you belong to gith 5e while playing DND, your intelligence score rises by a point. Their lifespan is about a hundred years with a taller and leaner physique. Common and Gith are the languages they can use to write, read and speak. The two sub-races of gith 5e have nothing in common except for the language used. When you are a githyanki, an increase of two points in strength score occurs. In the case of githzerai, it is the wisdom score that rises by two points.
Check also: Simic Hybrid 5e
Githyanki abides by the law but doesn’t judge the consequence and follows it even if it is evil. Githzerai on the other hand is disciplined and tends to be neutral. Githyanki is an expert in a single skill and has a great way with weapons. Githzerai is efficient in casting spells and controlling their minds. If you are a githzerai and reach the third level you will be able to cast a shield spell and in the fifth level, the detect thoughts spell. In the case of githyanki in the third level, a jump spell can be used and in the fifth level misty spell can be used. Carefully consider which sub-race you want to be after reading the traits mentioned above.
Q1: How can Githzerai and Githyanki each be Chaotic Aligned and Psionicists?
- Furthermore, there are a handful of Psionic races with powers, commonly equal to their level, with no obvious restriction, however, these creatures are chaotic.
Q2: Do Githzerai hatch from eggs?
- The Githyanki and Githzerai are warring factions of the identical species, Gith. But after they gained their freedom, two factions amongst the gith disagreed on what form of civilization they would forge.
Q3: When did the gith ruin free of the thought flayers?
- When searching at the records of D&D lore on this issue, we have to confront the reality that the majority of sources are nonspecific about how a long way in the previous rebellion took place, aside from noting that the illithid empire used to be “ancient,” as was once the uprising.
Q4: What books deal with gith (any variety) and the Astral Plane?
- You’re lucky in that Githyanki lore has remained remarkably steady throughout the range of editions. Even their 4e lore, which shifted them to a totally new cosmology, preserved their lore in broad strokes.
Q5: Were the gith firstly human earlier than the illithids enslaved them?
- Githyanki/Githzerai have been described as the first human when first introduced. The githyanki and githzerai had been first formally brought to AD&D through the 1st edition Fiend Folio sourcebook.
Q6: How can the Githyanki Supreme Commander go whilst insubstantial?
- The Githyanki Supreme Commander should be Ready for movement.
Q7: How is Githyanki in opposition to Mind Flayers?
- The Githyanki had the assistance of Tiamat and the Red Dragons
Q8; Does a githyanki’s silver sword immediately kill an astral visitor on an imperative hit?
- Yes, a githyanki will kill an astrally projected creature on a quintessential hit.
Hi! this is sheryas iyar,
I am not a “gamer boy”. I am a gamer. I play video games. I don’t take slutty pictures while holding a controller.