The magical people of the otherworldly grace are called as Elf 5e Race. They are not the entire part and should be living somewhere in the world. They mostly live in the commonplaces of breeze waft with gentle fragrances, soft music that touches through the air, faerie light that glitters on silvery spires, in the middle of an ancient forest, and ethereal beauty. Elves love the good things around the world, poetry & music, artistry & air, and magic & nature.
we’re gonna be talking about elves so you can tell that one player why he can’t play Legolas let’s start talking about race finally it’s talking about the race of elves in the public the race of elves is one of those player character races. that I personally love to hate even though I do find myself playing plenty of elves it’s true why do you like playing else then let’s start there why do you like what do you like about elves I like elves.
because in theory there’s sort of these graceful arcane they suggest a certain gravity of character or era or nobility or majesty that if I want to impart that on a character I will now I have some elven characters.
I play out of legacy I do have characters that I then I remade because I like the concept or like like thinking that you know this character is adventured this entire time I just keep revisiting them at different points in their career dropping back every century or so right and so in that respect elves being long-lived allow me to do that I can send some apprehension so other than the other than their starting height requirements how do L fall short in your opinion it’s just thought that they’re both not talking enough right
different kinds of elves are what they are and have the abilities that they have because they traveled a certain distance toward the light of heaven and some of them made the journey across the sea and dwelt there for a while and then there was the whole thing with the jewels the silmarils and then the civil war that followed that and Melkor and Sauron, of course, all that elves are tied up in that setting so much and so intimately at 2:00 just pluck them as a concept out of middle-earth and drop them into Greyhawk drop them into Forgotten Realms drop them over here.
even if it’s really blowing dust a mom put another jacket on it no it’s their token nuts when you take them out of the context of middle-earth they lose something else in the earth or they are tragic they have a kind of sadness to them. and grief is a big part of being an elf right they live forever they have to deal with all of the crap that Melkor and Sauron and all the other forces of darkness have polluted middle-earth with that weighs heavily on them that’s why tokens elves work and it’s difficult to replicate that, yeah and it’s difficult for just diems who are just trying to come up with a thing and they’re just trying to do their campaign and they’re not linguistic scholars with a huge background in history and mythology and the time and ability to write and craft
Check Also: D&D 5e Races
Ability Score Increase: Half-elves 5e gain a +2 Dexterity bonus and another bonus from their bloodline (check below-given) Table.
|Half-Drow||+1 Intelligence and Charisma|
|Half-Grey||+1 Intelligence and Charisma|
|Half-High||+1 Intelligence and Charisma|
|Half-Sylvan||+1 Wisdom and Charisma|
|Half-Umbral||+1 Intelligence and Charisma|
|Alignment||Usually chaotic good|
Low-light vision, Darkvision
|Average lifespan||750 years|
|Homeland(s)||Arvandor, Feywild, Prime Material Plane|
|Female||Average height 4′7″‒5′5″ (1.4‒1.7 m)
Average weight 82‒152 lb (37‒68.9 kg)
|Male||Average height 4′7″‒5′5″ (1.4‒1.7 m)
Average weight 87‒157 lb (39‒71.2 kg)
|Skin color(s)||Same range as humans plus shades of copper, bronze, and bluish-white|
|Hair color(s)||Same as humans plus green and blue|
|Eye color(s)||Same as humans plus gold and silver|
|Distinctions||Little to no body hair|
The most living ancestors named the Eladrin are commonly referred to as Elves. Tel-quessir who is the long-living race of Elves is found in most places of wilderness, shrublands, and forests.
The Elves have less frequency when compared to Eladrin which has strong organized nations and adapt to the nomadic lifestyle. Seldarine is the favorite god worshipped by all the Elves and also they are not good in nature.
We would like to inform you that by default, Elves are medium-weight and taller when compared to other races. Mostly the true elves will be an athletic race and naturally slender. Some of the Elves will have a range of human complexions Wild Elves will be in darker pigmentation and Wood Elves will be in pale or coppery skinned.
Elves’ hair coloring will be either blond or copper-red hair, black or brown. However, it will be dark in nature. Wood Elf’s hair color might be green hues or orange. The eyes of Elves are commonly emerald green, hazel, or brown in color. Elves are similar to Eladrin (cousins) and look like pointed ears, handsome, beautiful, and fair. Their hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows are not quite common with other races.
Like humans, Elves also mature at the same rate. Until the age of 110, they are not considered to be adolescence. Elves are close to their lifespan and unlike humans, they obviously change their hair coloring to be darkening or graying. Most of the Elves are very healthy and have a full life until the age of death. By default, they live for two to nine centuries.
Please find below the list of the traits that are designed and created mainly for the Elves race.
- Languages – Elves have the knowledge to write, read, and speak Elven and other common 5e languages.
- Trance – By default, they do not sleep. Mostly they spend at least 4 hours retaining semi-conscious or deep meditation in a day. Trance is the common keyword for meditation.
They dream about fashion while meditating which means it will become reflexive to mental exercises after practicing for a few years. Like a human, then resting for 4 hours will achieve the same benefits as humans, who are sleeping for 8 hours.
- Fey Ancestry – The magic will not allow you to take rest or sleep. Also getting charmed by using the advantage of throws saving.
- Keen Senses – The Perception skill of Elves are very proficient.
- Darkvision – They have a superior vision in dim and dark conditions towards the night sky and twilit forests. Exactly from 60 feet height, dim light can be viewed as bright light and darkness can be viewed as dim conditions. Only grey shades can be seen and other colors cannot be available in darkness.
- Speed – 30 feet is the base walking speed.
- Sizes – Elves will have slender builds and their height will be 5 or 6 feet tall. By default, they are Medium in size.
- Alignment – Elves love self-expression, variety, and freedom. With regard to gentle chaos aspects, they lean strongly. They will protect and value their own freedom as well as their communities. They are not always as good as others. Drow is often named evil and exception, whereas the Underdark made them dangerous and vicious.
- Age – The physical maturity of Elves will be similar to humans. Elven’s adulthood understandings encompassed physical growth and worldly experience. The adulthood of Elf can be around 100 pages and their life span will be 750 years.
- Ability Score Increase – The Dexterity score will be incremented by 2.
List of Elves Subraces
Please find below the list of Elves subraces and their description.
- Dark Elf (Drow) – Earlier to Descendants, the Drow are completely banished by the goddess Lolth who moves them to the path of corruption and evil. Mostly they are darkening skin races of Elves family. Drow adventurers are not allowed in all the varieties of campaigns and they are a very rare case. You are required to get access from the DM (Dungeon Master) to make use of this subrace.
- Drow Weapon Training – They are well trained and have proficiency with hand crossbows, shortswords, and rapiers.
- Drow Magic – They have well known for the dancing lights cantrip. After reaching the 3rd level, you have the option to cast only once of faerie fire and the next recharge will happen after taking complete rest.
After reaching the 5th level, you have the option to cast only once of darkness, and the next recharge will happen after taking complete rest. For each spell, you can make use of Charisma as the spellcasting ability.
- Sunlight Sensitivity – Wisdom and attack rolls are the disadvantages. They want to hide from direct sunlight, attack the target, and rely on your sight.
- Superior Darkvision – 120 feet instead of 60 feet, they can range their superior dark vision.
- Ability Score Increase: The Charisma score will be incremented by 1.
- High Elf – High Elf knew the magical theory with mastery and a keen mind.
- Extra Language – They have the knowledge to write, speak, and read an additional language of their preferred choice.
- Cantrip – You can easily choose any one of the cantrips from the wizard list. The spellcasting ability of High Elf is their Intelligence.
- Elf Weapon Training – They are well trained and have proficiency with longbows, short bows, short swords, and longswords.
- Ability Score Increase – The Intelligence score will be incremented by 1.
- Wood Elf – They have keen intuition and senses. Wood Elves can travel through the native forests using the fleet feet to carry them stealthily and quickly.
- Mask of the Wild – You can easily hide from others even in natural phenomena, mist, falling snow, heavy rain, and foliage obscured the light.
- The fleet of Foot – 35 feet is the base walking speed and it can be increased to some extent.
- Elf Weapon Training – They are well trained and have proficiency with longbows, short bows, short swords, and longswords.
- Ability Score Increase: The Wisdom score will be incremented by 1.
- Child Names: Ara, Bryn, Del, Eryn, Faen, Innil, Lael, Mella, Naill, Naeris, Phann, Rael, Rinn, Sai, Syllin, Thia, Vall
- Male Adult Names: Adran, Aelar, Aramil, Arannis, Aust, Beiro, Berrian, Carric, Enialis, Erdan, Erevan, Galinndan, Hadarai, Heian, Himo, Immeral, Ivellios, Laucian, Mindartis, Paelias, Peren, Quarion, Riardon, Rolen, Soveliss, Thamior, Tharivol, Theren, Varis
- Female Adult Names: Adrie, Althaea, Anastrianna, Andraste, Antinua, Bethrynna, Birel, Caelynn, Drusilia, Enna, Felosial, Ielenia, Jelenneth, Keyleth, Leshanna, Lia, Meriele, Mialee, Naivara, Quelenna, Quillathe, Sariel, Shanairra, Shava, Silaqui, Theirastra, Thia, Vadania, Valanthe, Xanaphia
- Family Names (Common Translations): Amakiir (Gemflower), Amastacia (Starflower), Galanodel (Moonwhisper), Holimion (Diamonddew), Ilphelkiir (Gemblossom), Liadon (Silverfrond), Meliamne (Oakenheel), Naïlo (Nightbreeze), Siannodel (Moonbrook), Xiloscient (Goldpetal)
- Ability Score Increase: Your Charisma score increases by 1.
- Elf Weapon Training: You are proficient with the spear, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
- Light: You know the light cantrip. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for it.
- Rebuke Death: You are proficient in saving throws against death.
- Speed: The base walking speed is 35 feet.
- Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Elven Weapon Focus: You gain the Elven Weapon Focus Feat*
Luathaigh Elf (Elfling)
|Ability Score Racial Traits||Elflings gain a +2 Dexterity and a +1 Charisma. (Normal elves are bigger than luathiagh elves. but it's agility and personality are boudless)|
|Type||Luathaigh elves are fey with the elf and halfling subtypes. You are considered elf, fey and halfling for the purpose of qualifying for abilities regarding race|
|Size||Luathaigh are small creatures.|
|Keen Senses||Elflings are proficient in the Perception skill.|
|Fey Luck||Once per long rest, the elfling may reroll any failed attack, save or skill check|
Eladrin Personality Traits
|d4||Autumn Personality Trait|
|1||If someone is in need, you never withhold aid.|
|2||You share what you have, with little regard to your own needs.|
|3||There are no simple meals, only lavish feasts.|
|4||You stock up on fine food and drink. You hate going without such comforts.|
|1||You trust others without thought.|
|2||You give to the point that you leave yourself without necessary supplies.|
|3||Everyone is your friend, or a potential friend.|
|4||You spend excessively on creature comforts.|
|d4||Spring Personality Trait|
|1||Every day is the greatest day of your life.|
|2||You do everything with enthusiasm, even the most mundane chores.|
|3||You love music and song. You supply a tune yourself if no one else can.|
|4||You can’t stay still.|
|2||Toil is for drudges. Yours should be a life of leisure.|
|3||A pretty face infatuates you in an instant, but your fancy passes with equal speed.|
|4||Anything worth doing is worth doing again and again.|
|d4||Winter Personality Trait|
|1||The worst case is most likely to occur.|
|2||You preserve what you have. Better to be hungry today and have food for tomorrow.|
|3||Life is full of dangers, but you are ready for them.|
|4||A penny spent is a penny lost forever.|
|1||Everything dies eventually. Why bother building anything that is supposedly meant to last?|
|2||Nothing matters to you, and you allow others to guide your actions.|
|3||Your needs come first. In winter, all must watch out for themselves.|
|4||You speak only to point out the flaws in others’ plans.|
|d4||Summer Personality Trait|
|1||You believe that direct confrontation is the best way to solve problems.|
|2||Overwhelming force can solve almost anything. The tougher the problem, the more force you apply.|
|3||You stand tall and strong so that others can lean on you.|
|4||You maintain an intimidating front. Better to prevent fights with a show of force than to harm others.|
|1||You are stubborn. Let others change.|
|2||The best option is one that is swift, unexpected, and overwhelming.|
|3||Punch first. Talk later.|
|4||Your fury can carry you through anything.|
We are happy to inform you that the above-provided information will help you to understand the Elf Fifth Edition (5E) importance and its traits. The Subraces of Elves will be very useful for the creations to identify themselves with their provided strengths.
Hi! this is sheryas iyar,
I am not a “gamer boy”. I am a gamer. I play video games. I don’t take slutty pictures while holding a controller.
One thought on “The Elf 5e (5th Edition) in DnD Races”