What’s the most effective cleric build in Dungeons and also Dragons 5th edition? Do you have a total beginner’s guide for clerics in 5e? These are common concerns. The truth is, clerics are greater than simply healing bots in the 5th version.
Check also: Rogue 5e
Whether they are regulating the battlefield, doing straight damages, or snatching back the injured from the brink of fatality a creative cleric gamer can be an important enhancement to any celebration. Let’s dig into the answers to these questions in our Ultimate Guide to DND Clerics.
Knowledge is your primary feature; complied with by constitution if you intend to hold focus spells and stamina if you intend to be on the cutting edge laying down the damage.
- Human: The variant human is always good for that incentive accomplishment, especially at early degrees.
- Dwarves: The mountain dwarf’s plus to knowledge and also constitution are excellent if you’re seeking to develop a tanky cleric. As an added reward you likewise get an extra hit point per level.
- Elves: Wood Elves +1 to Wisdom and also boosted speed make for terrific dex based clerics.
- Hit Dice: 1d8 per cleric level
- Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution modifier
- Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per cleric level after 1st
- Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
- Weapons: Simple weapons
- Tools: None
- Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
- Skills: Choose two from History, Insight, Medicine, Persuasion, and Religion
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a mace or (b) a warhammer (if proficient)
- (a) scale mail, (b) leather armor, or (c) chain mail (if proficient)
- (a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
- (a) a priest’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
- A shield and a holy symbol
Choose Your Gods
Cleric’s pick which domain name they will specialize in at level 1. These domain names generally are up to a god in each Pantheon. As an example, the gods of expertise could be Thoth, Oghma, or Aureon. Each domain name is given access to a checklist of spells from several spell checklists (including some wizard spells), which are always taken into consideration “prepared”. The domain you pick can have a massive influence on your personality’s capacities in and out of combat, so pick… wisely.
Cleric Domains in the Player’s Handbook Include
- Expertise: You have access to expertise as well as abilities that would not, consisting of wizard spells like determine and mysterious eye.
- Life: Your recovery spells are a lot more reliable, and also at higher degrees you also heal on your own.
- Light: You gain access to powerful fire-based spells including fireball and also wall of fire
- Nature: You obtain charm capabilities for plants and pets, and also can utilize your response to lower some kinds of damage to animals.
- Tempest: You gain several tornado based damages choices, consisting of a Channel Divinity that permits optimum lightning or rumbling damages. At later levels you additionally get the ability to fly when not underground or inside.
- Hoax: This domain consists of numerous wizard spells like mirror image, and disguises self. Their channel Divinity option Invoke Duplicity is fantastic as it allows you to develop an illusionary duplicate as well as you may cast spells as if you remained in the illusion’s space.
- War: This domain provides added effectiveness in heavy shield as well as weapons, in addition to access to numerous fight related spells like stone skin and also crusader’s mantle. Their Channel Divinity option allows you to utilize your reaction to offer a +10 to strike on an attack roll. This can transform the tide of fight!